By virtue of Republic Act 10174 of 2012, the People’s Survival Fund (PSF) is established to provide long stream finance for adaptation projects of local government units and local/community organizations aimed at increasing resilience of communities and ecosystems to climate change.
There is an annual allocation of at least PhP 1 billion pesos, which can be augmented through donations, endowments, grants and contributions.
The PSF is being managed by a Board, lodged under the Commission, composed of the following:
The Bureau of Treasury, Department of Finance serves as the PSF Board Secretariat. Submissions of PSF project proposals shall be submitted to the PSF Board Secretariat through the Office of the National Treasurer of the Philippines, via e-mail address email@example.com.
To access the Fund, the following documentary requirements shall be submitted to the PSF Board Secretariat:
- Secretary of the Department of Finance as Chair;
- Vice Chairperson of the Commission;
- Secretary of the Department of Budget and Management;
- Director-General of the National Economic and Development Authority;
- Secretary of the Department of the Interior and Local Government;
- Chairperson of the Philippine Commission on Women, and
- Representatives from the sectors of academe and scientific community, business sector, and NGOs.
To date, there are six (6) approved climate change adaptation projects under the PSF. These projects are as follows:
- Letter of intent signed by the local chief executive, or head of the organization;
- Accomplished project proposal template with Work and Financial Plan;
- Any reference document such as enhanced Comprehensive Development Plan, enhanced Comprehensive Land Use Plan, Local Climate Change Action Plan, or any risk and vulnerability assessment.
- Annual Investment Plan.
- Disaster Risk Reduction & Management Response as Copping Mechanism to Resiliency – Lanuza, Surigao del Sur
- Siargao Climate Field School for Farmers and Fisherfolk in the Municipality of Del Carmen, Siargao Islands, Surigao del Norte – Del Carmen, Siargao Island, Surigao del Norte
- Building Resilience through Community-based Ecological Farming – San Francisco, Camotes Island, Cebu
- Promoting Resiliency and Climate-Informed Gerona – Gerona, Tarlac
- Saub Watershed Ecosystem Rehabilitation and Flood Risk Reduction for Increased Resilience to Climate Change and Natural Hazards – Sarangani
- Establishment and Sustainable Management of River Ecosystem in Kitcharao – Kitcharao, Agusan del Norte
For more information about the Fund, informational materials may be accessed via https://bit.ly/AccessingPSF. The PSF Proponent’s Handbook and proposal templates are also downloadable through this link.
Updates and inquiries may also be made through the CCC PSF Unit’s email address at firstname.lastname@example.org, and office number (02) 8420-5513 and PSF Facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/PeoplesSurvivalFund).