June 22, 2020 Monday
MANILA 22 June 2020 — The Climate Change Commission (CCC) is inviting everyone to watch and participate in a new online webinar called “PA Talk: Protected Areas for a Protected Future,” which will be streamed live on Facebook today at 10:00 am.
The show, which is organized by the Department of Environment and Natural Resources - Biodiversity Management Bureau (DENR-BMB), in partnership with the CCC and the Office of Deputy Speaker Loren Legarda, will feature all of the country’s protected areas and the efforts to preserve and protect these areas from environmental degradation, climate change, and other threats.
PA Talk will air as a monthly online webinar and will cover all 107 legislated protected areas in the Philippines. Today’s first episode will feature the following areas:
• Mt. Hamiguitan Range Wildlife Sanctuary in Davao Oriental
• Siargao Island Protected Landscape and Seascape in Surigao del Norte
• Balinsasayao Twin Lakes Natural Park in Negros Oriental
• Peñablanca Protected Landscape and Seascape in Cagayan
• Mt. Isarog Natural Park in Camarines Sur
• Mts. Iglit-Baco Natural Park in Oriental Mindoro and Occidental Mindoro
This new show is launched today, June 22, on the occasion of the 2nd anniversary of the enactment of the Expanded National Integrated Protected Areas System (ENIPAS) Act of 2018, which Legarda authored and which substantially increased the number of protected areas in the country from 13 to 107.
Join in the livestream of PA Talk today at 10:00 am via facebook.com/conglorenlegarda, facebook.com/CCCPhl, and facebook.com/denrbiodiversity.